AWS re:Invent 2016: Recommended Cost & Compute Sessions
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hosting their 5th annual AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas (Nov 28-Dec 2). The event has been hailed as the mainstay cloud event of the year and is the largest gathering of the AWS community, bringing together thousands of end users, technologists, and AWS partners to celebrate the cloud and its application to businesses – from startups to the enterprise.
As a veteran sponsor, Batchly is proudly participating as a Bronze Tier 1 sponsor. Stop by our booth #1942 to learn how Batchly dramatically cuts AWS costs and improves compute performance by balancing AWS on-demand workloads availability at spot prices.
What tracks should you attend to get the most out of AWS performance and cost reduction?
AWS re:Invent is the perfect event to enhance cloud and AWS knowledge, but which of the 400+ breakout sessions should you attend? With cost and performance optimization as a key focus area for you, we thought it would be good to highlight the sessions that can give you the necessary insights. Our Chief Cloud Architect has put together a top 5 list of must attend tracks related to cost and performance optimization… book now while seats are still open!
- CMP301 – Deep Dive on Amazon EC2 Instances
Bonus Session – BDA301 – Best Practices for Apache Spark on Amazon EMR
In addition, re:Invent 2016 introduced a new concept – RE:SOURCE MINI CON – This track offers developers the opportunity to plunge even deeper into some of today’s hottest tech topics. Think of it as a one-day, fully immersive mini-conference guiding one through topics like machine learning, security and compliance, IoT, containers, big data and analytics, and serverless computing.
As you would expect, the batchly team has an exciting lineup for the event, here are the top 4:
- #1 Rated Swag. We’ll be giving away cool goodies, including the developer’s favorite: our AWS Cost Optimization shirt, onesies for your little “AWS geeks in training” and Batchly sticker for your laptop or skateboard. We also have an exciting giveaway as part of an interactive contest for Batchly users.
- Learn how to optimally balance workloads to achieve the ultimate in cost savings and compute performance. Our born-in-cloud development team has been working on AWS since S3 launched in public beta and understand and appreciate the nuances of AWS services. Stop by to learn the inside tips and tricks to get the best bang for your buck on AWS instances.
- Meet developers managing complex and large AWS deployments.. Meet and compare notes with several developers behind challenging AWS deployments and use Batchly to for cost and compute automation.
- Win a mini drone! We’ll be giving away mini drones to lucky winners that stop by our booth. Drop by booth #1942 for your chance to win!
Interested in booking a meeting?
Latest posts by Rahul Prasad (see all)
- AWS re:Invent 2016: Recommended Cost & Compute Sessions - October 19, 2016
- Fine grained User Access to Batchly using CloudFormation Template - September 29, 2016
- Run Large Load Testing Jobs 90% Cheaper using JMeter on AWS - July 25, 2016